Skip to main content

I am TRYING to SLEEP!

Last night was one for the books. I just had to document it, while I remembered the specifics.

I fell asleep around 10, but was woken when Jason shot up out of the bed at 11:00. He said he heard a car door open/shut several times. He got his shoes on and went downstairs (or so I thought). I was then wide awake and listening. I heard it too and then BAM - Jason appeared in the doorway. He scared at least a year off of my life! Apparently, he never went all the way down the stairs, but decided to listen from the hall. He didn't hear the noise again, and decided to go back to bed.

Well, when I told him I had heard the noise, he went down stairs and outside. A few minutes later, I heard something. BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM! Oh NO! WHAT was that???!?!?!? Should I call 911? What is the stupid code to the gun safety-thingy?!?!? Someone comes walking quickly up the stairs and I am sitting straight up in the bed waiting to get WHACKED! It was Jason who was coming back to report that the Guard was just playing war games on Pelham Range. GEEEEZ! Its been forever since I've heard such noise from the Range. They should put that stuff on the news or something.

So we go back to bed. Then, of course, Graham starts crying. Graham is transfered to his favorite spot. Smack in between us. He shifts to his favorite position, with his head touching one of us and his feet on the other. He falls right back asleep.

Trying to go to sleep again. Its now 11:45. Whocka WHocka WHOCka WHOCKA....getting Progressively LOUDER! Its a chopper and I'm pretty sure its heading directly into our house. HANG ON EVERYBODY! Then it flies over. (Me {whispering}: "Jason, did you hear that?" Jason {talking}: "The helicopter flying RIGHT over our HOUSE? Yes, I heard it.") Ha Ha. Graham never budged. Ok...lets try to get some sleep.

I think it took an hour for me to doze off. I was having a wild dream and was woken by someone coughing. Sleepily thinking...that IS coughing RIGHT? SURELY someone is NOT throwing up. More coughing...I think? Then silence. However, I knew I couldn't go back to sleep until I checked. I went to the boys' room and turned on the light. Hunter sat up. (Me: "Did you throw up?" Hunter: "Yeah, I couldn't get to the bathroom because it was dark." Me: "Do you feel like you are sick again?" {He just had a stomach virus 5 days ago} Hunter: "No, I think I was just hungry.") OKIE DOKIE! So we change his clothes, get new sheets, blankets, a pillow and a BUCKET. He picks a cartoon to watch and tells me goodnight.

I think I finally fell asleep at 2:00. The alarm went off at 5:25, but Jason wasn't budging. I tried to wake him for 20 minutes to no avail. I told him I was changing the alarm and he just wouldn't go in to work early. He grumbled. I went back to bed.

Ten minutes later, Graham woke up with his Happy Morning Jabber-talking. I kept my eyes closed until I could feel his little nose pressed up against mine. I opened my eyes and he started laughing.

Good Morning Mom! It's Friday!!!

Comments

ME! said…
Oh dear!!! That really sounds like it was lucky you were off today! I will never forget the first time I heard them shooting at Gate 5 when I lived with the Rhody's- that was pretty dang freaky. What was the deal with the helicopter?

I like the "surely someone is not throwing up" thought. LOL!! I always throw up when I am hungry...I WISH- I would look pretty hot if I did. :)

That is funny- and you thought you were waking me up at what 10 this morning? LOL!!! I actually got up before Lance today. LOL!!!You need to put on here about C telling you G's fever would be okay.

Popular posts from this blog

Raccoons!

We have had a raccoon family visiting for the past few days. We have only seen the male once, but the mom and two babies are coming so often that we named them...Coonie, Itsy and Bitz. They come because we feed a "neighborhood cat" on our deck and they help him clean his bowl. The cat was popping the little raccoons in the nose, so the mom came up with a better plan!

STAR Reading

I hesitated to post this, but it's just so amazing to me! Hunter received what is possibly his last reading assessment in elementary school (5th grade). His scores are incredible, but what makes this so unbelievable to me - is where we were 4 years ago.  In first grade, this child struggled with sight words EVERY NIGHT. Seriously, there were tears 4-5 nights per week. Hour long tear filled, flash card sessions...daily. When I look at where Graham is now in 1st grade...reading/sounding out almost every word in front of him with ease...I truly realize how far Hunter has come! So what these results say (to the best of my understanding) is that Hunter is in the 5th grade, 4th month of school (GP 5.44) and tests at a grade equivalent of 12.9+ (compared to other students nationally). He's in the 98/99th percentile and can comprehend up to 80% of 11.4th grade material. So proud of his progress and so grateful for his 1st grade teacher, Ms. Shavon Diggs, who encouraged me to keep going

Full Moon Hike

At the last minute, Hunter and I decided to join some friends at the 1st Full Moon Hike of 2016 at Harrison Bay State Park. We got a late start and had to drive carefully because the roads were a bit icy. We ended up finding the trailhead about 5 minutes after the Ranger and other hikers had started the hike. Some other Rangers and a teacher-friend from Wallace told us to go ahead and they would follow behind in a few more minutes. "Just keep right" they said. About 150 yards in, the path Y'd off...we kept right. The path was a bit muddy and had some cool ice formations. We couldn't seem to catch up to the group, but we were enjoying ourselves. About 3/4 a mile in, there was a loop to the right...it looked like it just went over to the water and came right back to join the trail, so we just stayed straight and didn't waste time with the extra loop. We walked and walked and walked. It got dark...it got muddy. It got muddier - like shin deep icy mud, with briars bei